On April 22, 1970, 20 million people across America celebrated the first Earth Day. Decades later, Earth Day is celebrated annually around the globe, and through combined efforts of grassroots organizations, and citizens like you, what started as a day of national environmental recognition has evolved into a worldwide campaign to protect our global environment.
It’s been 141 years since J. Sterling Morton founded Arbor Day, a special day for tree planting. The first official Arbor Day was celebrated in Nebraska in 1872. In the years following, Morton’s idea spread beyond state lines to the entire country.
Playworld Systems recognizes the importance of our natural playground. But it is not only ours. It belongs to every generation that comes after us. That’s one of the reasons why the company works to protect the environment all year long.
Playworld Systems takes genuine steps to protect the environment for future generations.
- Playworld Systems is the first and only playground equipment manufacturer to have products Cradle to Cradle Certifiedcm Silver. This is a rigorous and comprehensive environmental certification system that evaluates products and materials for their impact on human and environmental health and assures recyclability of our products after their usable life
- Playworld Systems eliminated more than 99% of harmful PVCs from its products in 2008
- The company recycles 96% of its waste
- All packaging and shipping materials are 100% recyclable
- Many raw materials contain 25-100% recycled content
- Playworld Systems’ reduced energy usage by 176,000 kwh annually, through conservation and lean manufacturing implementation
How will you and your family commemorate Earth Day and Arbor Day this year? How do you plan to preserve our natural playground next week and throughout the year?